Weight loss is for life, not just for Summer

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Éabha and I am 23 years old. For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. This blog is all about my weight loss journey, both the highs and lows. I hope that it will keep me motivated and inspire others who are in the same situation as me.

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Green Smoothie

As promised here is the quick and easy recipe for the green smoothie I have been drinking this week. As part of my May challenge I am trying at least one new fruit and veg each week. This week it is bananas and spinach. My mum used to try and get me to eat bananas when I was younger but I refused to. I think it was more the texture than the taste, that I had a problem with. Spinach I always associated with Popeye! Smoothies and juices are great for increasing your veg and fruit intake. If you are not a veg eater, then I would recommend trying this recipe. The great thing is you can put in as much or as little as you want. You can also try using kale instead of spinach or different fruit if you would prefer.


ProPoints: 3
Serves: 1

Ingredients:
300ml skimmed milk
2 handfuls of spinach
1 banana

Method:
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get your desired consistency. I found when blending, it tends to get quite foamy, so leave it to settle for a few minutes after blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment